Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Police problems

Already half way through my first week of my 2 weeks off work. Monday was spent on a 3 Hr hike it was perfect weather for walking dry but cool, needed a jacket thou as its still a bit nippy out there. Yesterday was fairly quiet did some stuff about the house.

Today I did some shopping for some new T-shirts etc. but didnt get much however when I got back to the car then thats when the problems of the day started. When I got into the car the keyfob wouldnt turn off the immobilisor, I thought that it may have been the battery but however this didnt change a thing. I then phoned a friend to pick me up so that I could get my spares again this didnt work. Eventually I had to phone the recovery company, likewise they couldnt see what had suddenly caused the problem. Then it clicked the carpark is righ next to the local police station and it turned out that the signal that they send out interferes with some of the car immobilisors. We got it started thankfully as I was dreading a bill for a couple of hundred pounds to get it fixed. Needless to say dont park your car near a police station, it may not get stolen but you might not be able to start it again yourself.

No comments: