Saturday, March 07, 2009

DIY

Over the past few weeks I have after many requests from my girlfriend to do some work on the bathroom and therefore I have.

During an evening last week I replaced the taps on the basin to lovely silver and gold ones along with puting in service valves on the pipes underneith. Then yesterday I spend the day fitting new taps in the bath so that there will be a shower in there too. The taps are in they need tightening as they move slightly however there isnt enough pressure in the hot water to provide a shower as yet but Im sure I will find a way of sorting that.


Totay I have spent the day tiling the bathroom above the bath I am about half way through the main wall that runs the length of the bath and have done sections of the other two walls that encompass the bath. As yet I havent grouted but I will do that when I have completed all of the tiling. However I am pleased with my first efforts of both plumbing and tiling. As we said in the pub last night "It ain't leaking so the plumbing is good" so I guess tonights comment should be "the tiles are staying on the wall so the tiling is good too".

No comments: