Wednesday, January 11, 2006

TV gets top ratings

I must admit that over the past couple of years TV here in the UK has been bolstered by US imports, not since the X-files do I feel that programming getting this side of the pond been so good. Over the past few years terrestrial TV has benefited from first showings of 24, Lost and now Invasion has just started. Granted 24 has lost its standard broadcast and has been thrown onto pay TV but the seeds had been sowed early on and although I only saw the first 2 series on the TV I have all 4 on DVD, Lost ends tonight and Invasion just started here this week. Add all this to the crime dramas that are hitting our screens all seems well even if a bit bloody at times although the CSI teams rarely leave a crime unsolved. I believe that Series 5 of 24 has hit the US screens (or is about too) as has series 2 of Lost. I dont know much about invasion but if it carries on at the pace that it started at I recon that over the coming months (24 weeks I guess) without relenting the pace the story will go quite far. Now here comes a request everyone state side, without telling me what happens in any of the series' as that would just spoil things here what other programs should I be looking out for when they hit the screens here.

Whilst US TV is getting my top ratings Channel 4 in the UK is in the process of showing a new set of housemates this time of the Celebrity nature featuring Dennis Rodman and Tracy Bingham from the US along side a UK MP (George Galloway) and a mixture of singers and TV stars. Personally it’s about time that all these reality TV shows got the boot and someone thought of something new and exciting.

No comments: