Saturday, February 04, 2006

Jamboree 2007

Had a fairly busy day today. The Scouting Association are hosting the 2007 jamboree here in the UK were 40,000 participants are due to fall in Essex during the first week in August next summer. What has all that to do with today well each area (county) puts forward a contingent of participants and today I attended a selection day complete with interview for one of the spots for one of the Surrey Scout Contingent Leaders. So the day was spent putting up tents, building a ballista out of garden canes, orienteering, making lunch, devising a sketch for a camp fire about the UK and having a short interview all so that I could sell myself to the team of selectors into becoming a Leader for the event during next summer.

All sounds and actually reads fairly straight forward which I suppose it wasn't however as Im absolutely knackered this evening and could hit the hay at any time I feel. Im quite sure that I wont have too late a night as Im visiting my Grandparent tomorrow for lunch before I go off to Octopush training in the evening, all that means Ill miss the rugby but should mean that I get in in time to see the Super bowl which is been shown in full length rerun in the evening on ITV which should be good. Not sure how late it will be on knowing my luck the match wont start till midnight, but one can only wait and see. So no revealing the score just yet, as for who I want to win, not sure, it would be nice for either side to win it as I believe that even though the Steelers have one it 4 times they haven’t one it in about 25 years or so however since the Seahawks have never been there and the Steelers beat the Viks last time they were there my vote should go with the Hawks.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hawks 27, Steelers 17

Stuart said...

OK

First I must point out that I missed the fact that the game was Sunday and not Saturday so I did manage to watch the first half live then since it was 1am I went to bed.

Sorry to say james you got your prediction wrong

Anonymous said...

Well done. You're right. I was wrong. We got beat. Congratulations to the Pittsburge Steelers.

Stuart said...

I was with you James it would have been nicer for the Hakes to have one